Thursday, August 29, 2013

My first week at Penn (8/29/13)

Hi everyone!

This will be my first post since coming to UPenn. I should introduce myself really quick. My name is Wesley and I am a Masters student in the Higher Education program at UPenn Graduate School of Education (GSE). I am also working as a graduate assistant for the Graduate School of Education Admissions and Financial Aid Office.


I just moved to Philadelphia last week and I absolutely LOVE the city. The people here are very nice and the transition has been super smooth. I am from California so the humidity got to me at first, but after a few days I feel that I have gotten the hang of it.


I want to explain my blog title a little bit. I chose 'Keep Moving Forward" because it is one of my favorite quotes form one of my favorite person, Walt Disney. I am a HUGE Disney fan so you all will be hearing some Disney references here and there :D But the quote "keep moving forward" was used by Walt Disney to really inspire and motivate him through all of his fun times and his difficult times. It reminds me to keep looking towards the future and be optimistic of what's to come. I hope that as you follow this blog that you will also look towards the future and keep moving forward!


I promise I will try to post every week, if not every couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment