Monday, October 21, 2013

What do you do on weekends?

Finally! The weekend came and went and I finally had some time to take a deep breath! I mentioned in my previous blog that last week was going to be hard, and boy was I right... The 3 papers definitely got to me at various times during the week and I struggled to keep everything in line. BUT that is all in the past and I am ready for the new week!

I took a few prospective students on tours recently and they all asked me a similar question: "Wesley, what do you do on weekends?"

Well, I'd say it depends on the workload for the upcoming week! Sometimes I will have 3 papers due and so I will most likely to holed up in my room trying to be productive. Sometimes when there are no assignments due, I like to explore the city and try new things! I really like our standing happy hour each Friday because it really gives me a chance to relax and chat with my cohort members (some of whom I may have ignored during the week cuz I was so busy, sorry!).

I have also started a trend of potlucks! We have a potluck coming up this weekend with several of my cohort members and I am excited to cook something. (Pics will be posted here!)

Speaking of cooking, weekends are also the time when I can actually get a bit fancier with my dishes instead of the usual quick and easy meals of sandwiches, rice, or dumplings. I cooked eggplant parmesan this past weekend so I will post some pics here for everyone to see! Again, I am relatively new at cooking so you will definitely see some successes and failures in the future (luckily this one was a success)

All the ingredients ready! (including that giant eggplant)

finished product!

finished product take 2

No comments:

Post a Comment