Thursday, January 23, 2014

Back from winter break! Part 2

It's been a hectic week! We had our first official snow days and so everything is a little bit backed up. So to continue from my previous post...


FRIENDS REUNION
These were the most rewarding times during winter break besides hanging out with family. Several of my friends are actually working now so meeting up with them regularly is difficult, especially now that I am at the east coast. So whenever I have a break my close friends and I would always try to plan something (basketball, lunch, anything). It was great catching up with all of them and see how everyone's doing. I think it's exciting every time when I find out about big news or past dramas when I reconnect with old friends. When you talk about the past, you never know what you will remember!

MOVIES!
One of my family traditions during the holidays is to watch movies. I watched Frozen, Hobbit: The desolation of Smaug, and Saving Mr. Banks. If you haven't noticed already, I am a big fan of Disney and will usually go for those Disney movies more often than not.

Frozen was absolutely spectacular and the music was amazing. I have been told by several friends that the songs have been stuck in their head for long periods of time because they were so catchy! The hobbit movie was epic, like all Lord of the Rings movie, though I always hate the 2nd movie out of the trilogy because I feel like the story starts at an awkward spot and never really ends properly (because they need the third movie to wrap everything up). Nevertheless the movie was great and I can't wait for the last movie to come out! I also went back to my hometown library just to check out the book and read it! Lastly, Saving Mr. Banks is a very heartfelt movie talking about the back story and the origins of the Mary Poppins show. The movie beautifully captures Mary Poppin's original author and her struggle to release the rights to Walt Disney for him to make a musical out of it.

I usually never watch this many movies in such a short period of time but this time both my mom and my sister wanted to see multiple movies so we seized the chance and went several times! 

No comments:

Post a Comment