Monday, February 10, 2014

Things to look forward to this semester

Some of my friends have asked me about my "personal timeline" of life. I have been doing a lot of reflection and I do in fact have a timeline for several big events in my life over the next few months! Here is what I have in mind!

But before we get into the deep stuff, I will post a couple pictures of some food that I recently made!

never had this kind of popcorn before! COOOL

Kimchi fried rice with egg, spinach, and pastrami


Looking ahead - few weeks

The comprehensive exam for Higher Education is coming up and I am starting to prepare for it (slowly but surely). The next few weeks will be dealing with Comps and classes on top of all the job search that I am doing. I believe I have mentioned this before, but the focus this semester has definitely changed and I have learned (or am currently learning) to juggle between a lot more things than Fall semester like classes, assistantship, Comps, jobs, social life (the list goes on...). Luckily I have several cohort members who are in the same boat and we are great at supporting one another through this final stretch!

We also ave a lot of preview events and web chats planned for the month of March so that will definitely be a very busy month for everyone!

Looking ahead - few months 
Obviously I hope to graduate! :)

Haha, but after that I really hope to secure a job so I can transition straight into work and go from there. I have been job hunting for the past few weeks now and have identified a few wonderful positions in California. New jobs are slowly appearing each week and I hope to apply to a lot of them. Now the hard part is applying and getting an interview!

Looking ahead - distant future
Who really knows? I love thinking about the distant future, but I try not o get too caught up in the dream. Dreams are only achieved when you do the hard work and the preparation beforehand. I have to admit that I am thinking about different aspects of my life that I have not thought of much before, but rather than psyching myself out, I choose to focus day by day and week by week. I think about what I can control and work hard to achieve my next goal. So what am I looking forward to? Lots of things! I just have to be patient.



No comments:

Post a Comment