Tuesday, February 4, 2014

UCSF Formal

I apologize for my tardiness with my posts!

These past couple of weeks have been crazy and I have not gotten my life in order yet. I have gone back to San Francisco for a  formal (which I will talk about in a bit) and helped with the PhD event here at Penn GSE. Needless to say, there is a lot of things going in my life right now. Hopefully within the next few days or so I will be able to catch up and get into a rhythm once again.

So to recap on my life thus far...I flew back to San Francisco over the weekend to attend my girlfriend's winter formal. Each year the pharmacy school hosts a very elaborate and fancy event for the students, and unfortunately last year I was unable to attend. So this year I booked well in advanced so that I could attend the event. It was also very nice to see Nancy again and to spent a little bit of time with her. The schedule actually worked out pretty well since Penn GSE had just started (Though I do believe that this trip has pushed a couple of things in my schedule behind).

The venue was held at the Westin, which was a very nice hotel. They had desserts and a few photo booths for everyone inside and a small ballroom for dancing. I really liked the event because they played 1950's music at one point and it was really interesting to see how people reacted to that type of music.

Overall it was a great mini escape before my semester officially started. I know for the next few weeks I will be working on job apps, papers, and helping out in plenty of admissions events.

My next post will be talking about the PhD weekend that we just hosted recently!

No comments:

Post a Comment