Thursday, March 27, 2014

Patience is a virtue

So just an update on my job search process. It has been almost two months since I started actively looking for jobs. One recommendation I would give to anyone coming into this program is to get your resume and cover letter polished and ready to go during your first semester. Since I had that done, getting into job application mode was a lot smoother and I was able to apply to more positions right away.

Something that I had recently found out and was EXTREMELY helpful was the fact that universities and colleges go through a quiet period where despite their application closing and that they most likely will not reach out until a few months later. So during this time, I have really learned to be patient and to keep applying to more positions week by week. From what everyone has told me thus far, hopefully I will see a few responses and phone calls when it gets closer to May!


No comments:

Post a Comment