Monday, March 3, 2014

Spring break is around the corner!

I cannot believe it is almost spring break already. A part of me still thinks that I just started this program a couple of months ago! Spring break will mark the half way point to spring semester and essentially the 75% mark of our program. It's crazy to think that I am graduating in a couple of months!

Despite my surprise, this break cannot come at a better time. With all the classwork, assistantship, and job search, it will be nice to go back home and recharge for the final stretch. I find it difficult sometimes to focus solely on coursework when I know that new jobs are being posted every couple of days. Once I have started applying to places, I knew that I needed to keep the momentum going. Therefore I would check every now and then and see if there are any particular jobs that I am passionate about. I have also learned to widen my search a little bit to include student activities and student life. Not to be confused with residential life, but I realized that just focusing on academic advising and admissions may limit the number of job opportunities out there.

Nonetheless, the effort is there and the grind is on. The objective: secure a job before graduation!

No comments:

Post a Comment