Monday, March 31, 2014

Higher Education Preview Weekend

This marks the one year anniversary since I first stepped foot onto UPenn's campus last year. We are currently hosting the Higher Education Preview Weekend and I have personally met with a lot of the prospective students who are excited and interested in coming to Penn GSE next year! The process was very nostalgic, from the craziness of interview sign ups to the mock class taught by Marybeth, everything was triggering fond memories of when I was a prospective student. I remember how another prospective student at the time (now my fellow cohort member, Emily) had to convince me to attend the Sunday night dinner and meet people right from the beginning. The cohort was very supportive and friendly and the weekend was absolutely wonderful. I still remember Marybeth calling me out in class and talking to me about my choices of school and what my "fit" was at that time. To this day I would always recommend students to at least visit the campus before making any decisions, because just being on that campus can give you a feel for the environment and the "fit".

I am excited to meet more prospective students tomorrow. Hopefully they will commit to Penn and continue this legacy that is the Penn GSE Higher Education Program.


No comments:

Post a Comment