Thursday, November 7, 2013

The calm before the storm...

Hello everyone,

I figure I would check in before the crazy stressful times hit again. Next week I have two BIG papers due and I am slowly getting a head start this week. I have figured out a small trend this semester. I usually have big papers due every other week, so my hard work during the off weeks would have a huge impact on whether or not I will be stressed the following week. HOWEVER, it is easier said than done. I have found myself relaxing a bit more during the off weeks and ending up stressing over the exact same things a week later. Since we did not get a formal break (fall break), this on-week/off-week system has been going on for almost 11 weeks. I came from a undergraduate institution (UCLA) that had quarters instead of semesters and so my mind began to d r i f t off during the 9th week mark. It has definitely been a challenge trying to convince myself that I still have 6+ weeks of school left.

I didn't think it would be a big deal, but having gone through 4 years of quarter system, a semester seems like eternity. I don't have a solid plan yet to deal with this yet, but my first step is definitely getting myself out of my room and into libraries and graduate student center. I have also tried to space out my break times throughout the day so I have time to relax and not panic all at once.

Next week will be stressful...here's to hoping that I am studious enough this week!

This may not, obviously, be applicable to everyone. But it is something interesting to think about -- the transition from a quarter system to a semester system.




No comments:

Post a Comment