Tuesday, November 26, 2013

New York!

This past weekend I traveled to New York to meet up with some my friends at Columbia University. It was my first time taking the Megabus from Philadelphia to New York so it was definitely be an adventure.

Now let's recap the trip!

beautiful skyline picture from central park!
First day
Megabus experience was actually not too bad. I found it rather quickly at the 30th street station and found a seat immediately (It does help to come early to get in line). As soon as the bus departed I just fell asleep! I guess the cold weather outside and the warm interior of the bus made it really comfortable. I woke up to find the bus stuck in New York Friday afternoon rush hour (TERRIBLE). The bus crawled slowly until it finally reached the destination where it dropped us off. I then took the Metro subway all the way to the hotel. Let's just say, New York rush hour time in the subway is NOT FUN...But I arrived safely and met all of my friends for dinner that night. Apparently my friends from California LOVES Shake Shack so that was where we went for dinner!

After dinner we just walked around to the Rockefeller Center, Times Square, and stopped by a mac and cheese place near NYU called S'Mac (which was delicious by the way).

The sampler with 8 different kinds of mac and cheese!
Second Day
The busy day began again as we ventured out to Ellen's Stardust Diner. If you haven't heard of this place, YOU HAVE TO GO AT LEAST ONCE. It is a diner where the waitstaff are all borderline Broadway stars with amazing singing voices. So during your lunch or dinner you will get to hear them sing in the restaurant, and maybe it will be your specific waitstaff who is the superstar! Absolutely one of the best places I have ever been in my whole life.
Not too far from Times Square!
After the diner we walked around Central Park and explored Highline park as well. I don't want to bore you all with all the details of the trip but my personal must do thing at New York besides all the usual attractions is the Stardust Diner! Your won't regret it!


No comments:

Post a Comment