Friday, December 6, 2013

Sibling Thanksgiving - delayed edition

So this Thanksgiving I was not able to fly back home (the airplane tix was ridiculously expensive) so my sister and I decided to have our own sibling Thanksgiving together. My sister is currently studying Animal Science at Cornell University so she essentially hopped in a carpool and drove down to Philadelphia to stay with me for a few days. It's been years since she visited Philadelphia so it was nice to be the tour guide again and take her to the usual tourist attractions like Independence Hall and Liberty Bell. We also stopped by China town and had some delicious noddle soup (because we were craving some authentic Chinese food).

On the day of Thanksgiving we cooked together after our mini adventures into town during the day. We made kale and mushroom, stir fry orange chicken, and baked sweet potatoes. It wasn't a typical or traditional Thanksgiving dinner but it was still a full meal made from whatever we could find in my refrigerator.

Since we are both approaching finals week, we then had a study session together in the library the day after Thanksgiving. (haha, we are a nerdy family)  We also skyped with our mom during Thanksgiving night and chatted with her about our adjustment to the East coast and everything. Overall it was nice to see family during the holidays and get some time to relax and not think about schoolwork (even though we did for a little bit). And now I have two weeks before I fly home for the holidays so it's time for the final push!

No comments:

Post a Comment