Thursday, December 5, 2013

My first 76ers game!

Hi everyone

I just want to recap a little bit on what I did over Thanksgiving weekend. Besides hanging out with my sister (you can read about our adventures in another blog post soon), I went to my first 76ers basketball game! I love basketball, especially the NBA, so it was really nice to find some friends to go with me. The graduate students center actually sells discounted tickets to Penn students. I got my ticket for $5!!! The seat wasn't the best, but for $5 I am not complaining!

Getting to the Wells Fargo Center was also another adventure in itself. My cohort members and I had to take one trolley line to 15th street, then transfer and go south on a different subway line to get to the AT&T station. It was pretty cool to see all three major sports stadium located right next to each other (football, baseball, basketball/hockey).

When we got inside I felt an immediate sense of joy as I glanced around at everything, from the concession stands to the fancy suites. It was all very exciting! We also saw a deal for ONE DOLLAR HOT DOGS. As graduate students, we just could not pass up that deal. So as we sat down and watched the game, we naturally got 11 hot dogs (to split among the four of us who went). It was glorious. After the game we all walked down to court side to take pictures! I will post more when I find them but here is one of them!


we walked to near court side after the game to take pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment