Monday, December 16, 2013

The push to the finish

Hi everyone,

The end of the semester is near, but the work is never finished. I will be working until the very last day before I fly home to California. I have been working off fewer hours of sleep and more frequent power naps throughout the week. Essentially I have a paper to write and finish every two or three days. To power through all of these papers, I have picked up a small habit of getting Starbuck's tea latte as my motivation/caffeine. I don't drink coffee or energy drinks so this tea latte is as close to caffeine as I will get.

I still make time throughout the day for small breaks to keep my mind sane. Though I will say I cannot wait for winter break to just sleep in everyday. I find myself surfing the web and shopping for X-mas gifts every so often to distract myself from the work I have to do. I think always looking ahead and staying in good spirits will go a long way in staying healthy throughout the stressful finals times.

The higher education division is hosting an end of the semester celebration this week and I am very excited to go to that and hang out with all of my lovely cohort members before we go our separate ways for winter break. Several of my cohort members will be done early next week and will be going home before I finish my classes. It has been a stressful time for all of us and so I haven't exactly hung out with too many people these past two weeks. Hopefully this upcoming higher education celebration will be a good time to catch up with friends outside of the classroom for a bit.

I cannot believe that I am 50% done with my Masters. Although it's only been a semester, I feel like I have been here for over a year. I have learned so much in  this one semester than I would have ever hoped. People say that one year programs are short, but the immersive experience that the program offers you makes up for any extra time you would have spent otherwise. I am just soaking up all the knowledge and making the most of my experiences here, because I know this will definitely be an important chapter in my life.

WINTER BREAK BLOGGING

**So this may be my last blog before winter break! I want to wish everyone happy holidays and happy new year! I will try to blog a few times during the winter break and let you all know what I am up to. If I do not get to the blogging, I will definitely recap everything when I get back! Thanks!!**


No comments:

Post a Comment