Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Dedicated to the Higher Education Masters Cohort of 2014

You know that moment when it hits you and you know that graduation is only a few weeks away? I got that feeling when I picked up my regalia from the bookstore the other day. I tend to remember small details like when someone needs to pick up his/her regalia and so I went straight after NASPA to pick mine up. When I got home and opened it, that was when I realized...I am graduating from the University of Pennsylvania in a couple of months. WHOA...

As most of you all know, I am currently job searching and looking to move back to California to begin my career in a university or college setting. The old cliche of "time flies" really holds truth to this program. We are so immersed into this program in terms of classes, graduate assistantships, social events, and personal life that it is only now that I realized I have less than 6 weeks to hang out with this wonderful cohort. And I am not trying to be too sappy and sentimental, but meeting these folks have truly been life changing. I have met some of the smartest and most passionate people in this cohort. This cohort and I have persevered through the hard times and laughed through the fun times. We went out to happy hours, birthday parties, karaoke, pot luck, and so much more. Even now I have so many things I want to do with everyone but have so little time.

I feel that my cohort is set out to do great and wonderful things; some to eventually become PhDs and teach in a university and some like me will be working in higher education administration. One small goal I have before the school year is out is to collect everyone's business cards, because this is the start of a fantastic network of higher education scholars and practitioners.

No comments:

Post a Comment