Thursday, September 26, 2013

Gala and career center visit

Hi everyone!

The weekend was WONDERFUL. I had a chance to rest and just be a vegetable for a while, watching TV and going grocery shopping. I also had lots of fun at the Gradfest Gala last Friday. The theme was white sensation but they changed it last minute to include black (guess they realized how ridiculous wearing all white is). The venue was a bit small in my opinion but we made it work. It was really nice to relax and hang out with my cohort members for the night.

On Monday I went to the career center for the first time! It is never too early to get started on your job search! I brought my CV over to get looked at and to get some advice on career exploration. My counselor, John Tuton, was a super nice guy who went through everything I needed to know to get started. It was a different experience than my undergraduate career services because John ASKED me to come back and continue to work on job searching with him. I have never seen a counselor willingly invite the student back again for another appointment. That really meant something to me, and I have a feeling John and I will work something out and help me get the career that I want!


**ON THE SIDE NOTE**
Living in an apartment means cooking! I know how to cook a little bit, but I am still learning everyday and trying different things. I figure this is the perfect medium for me to showcase my cooking! Soooooo I will occasionally post a few pictures of my homemade food! It will be a random food journal for people to get some ideas for future apartment cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment