Monday, September 16, 2013

Summer Pimm's Party

Hi everyone,

Just want to recap what I did this weekend. Besides ALL the readings and essay editing that I did (and I still have a lot more to do!), I attended the Pimm's Party with a few of my cohort members Saturday evening. Pimm's Party was one of the events hosted by GAPSA (graduate and professional student assembly) for all 12 graduate schools we have here at Penn. The attire required for that evening was formal attire so we all dressed up! The ladies all wore very nice dresses and I wore my full suit.

ON A SIDE NOTE, I haven't wore that full piece suit since college and the waist definitely felt a bit tighter...sad moment...

Back to the event, there were a lot of people at Wynn Commons, an outdoor quad area. We had a great time meeting other students from other graduate programs. I met one of my undergraduate friend who is now attending Penn Law school and a few more people from Wharton Business school. Overall the event was super fun, and it was nice to hang out with my cohort members. It's only been 3 weeks since we first met each other and yet I have this comfort level with everyone already. I am still getting phone numbers form people (because I am very slow at that) so we can hang out more later in the year.  I am also re-meeting (is this even a word?) some of my cohort members from when I first met them at the preview weekend back in March.

 I know that I will be stressed out and tired this year, but knowing that I have wonderful cohort members supporting me, I think I will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment