Thursday, September 19, 2013

Weingarten and two papers

This week has been total chaos. As per my TA's suggestion, I made an appointment with the Weingarten learning resource center to learn more about reading strategies. I knew I was going to get overwhelmed with the readings sooner or later so I decided to make a preemptive strike and make an appointment with a learning instructor. I talked with a learning instructor for about 30 minutes shooting back and forth our ideas of "reading" the right way. It was extremely helpful and relieved some of my stress immediately. The learning instructor gave me some invaluable advice to help me sort through my readings. It's is surprising to see how much impact the psychology of affirmation can do to one's mental health.

I had two papers due this week, each for a separate class. While I was writing and editing the papers, I realized that there is definitely a learning curve for ANYONE to pick up where they are and start writing these papers. It doe not matter if you are straight from undergraduate or from the workforce, these academic papers are a whole different monster. I am really glad that the professors are understanding of this fact and offer us the opportunity to redo our first paper after some feedback. This is extremely helpful for us to transition smoothly into the academic writing style again.

I finally turned in my last paper by Thursday morning and I am tired...It feels like a Friday but it is only Thursday morning. I have one more class tonight after work (from 4:30pm - 8:30pm) then I am home free to catch up on my sleep debt. zzzzzzzzz

We have another gradfest event this Friday, the Gala. Hopefully I will have enough energy for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment