Friday, April 11, 2014

Spring is here!

Yay it is finally getting warmer! It's practically t-shirt and shorts weather now! Looking back at the winter season we had in Philly, I definitely have to say that it was a wonderful and fun learning experience. I had totally expected the snow and cold to stop around late February and BOY WAS I WRONG! We still had flurries and light snow all the way through late March. But now that it is close to mid April, the snow has been replaced by a weekly occurrence of rain...It  is just amazing to think about the drought that California went through recently and the amount of moisture the East Coast gets on a regular basis. BLOWS MY MIND.

So this week's forecast is in the 50's and 60's, which is UNHEARD of in the past few months. I see students walking outside with spring dresses, t-shirts and shorts! These are the days that I wish I can just go outside and play football or Frisbee and just enjoy the day with my cohort. Too bad this nice weather comes right in time for my final papers and projects so instead of frolicking outside, we are stuck indoors writing papers and creating presentations. I am looking forward to the week leading up to graduation when I will not have any classes or graduate assistantships. I am planning with a few of my friends in the cohort to have field days and hang out times with everyone before we go out separate ways. Hopefully I will get a chance to plan some more events leading up to that week, maybe even smaller food outings or happy hours. In any case, here is to the sunny weather in Philadelphia!

No comments:

Post a Comment