Monday, April 14, 2014

The transition period

So I officially have a little more over a month before graduation. This week is the calm before the storm (next week I will have 3 presentations followed by a few big papers the week after). The job search is still going, but luckily I have received some responses, both good and bad (but hey, at least they are responding now). These next few weeks will truly test my resolve and will because there is not enough energy in my body to manage classes, social life, job search, and graduate assistantship.

SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE

Recently it has been classes because we are getting to the stages of preparing for our final papers and presentations (therefore less readings). But now that those are due soon, something else must give. The balance between those four aspects of grad school has definitely been a challenge. Since my post graduation schedule has been planned already to visit my sister's graduation, I want to make sure of every single free moment is spent with my wonderful cohort members. But hanging out with my cohort members means giving up precious time to write papers or search for more jobs. I have been tip toeing this line very carefully over the past several weeks and now comes the hardest balancing act of all, surviving the month before graduation.



An exciting time nonetheless, but things are about to get real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment