Monday, April 28, 2014

UPenn Bucket List - Museum edition

Hi everyone! So last time I revealed my bucket list for the nearby restaurants and places that I would like to try before I graduate. This time I will talk a little bit about all the museums around UPenn. I love museums and science centers as a kid growing now and even more so today! The exhibits are becoming more and more hands on and it's refreshing to learn or re-learn those materials. Some of my friends would always ask me whether or not I mind the children running around science centers and museums. Honestly, I feel like a kid every time I step into one of those museums so I appreciate the enthusiasm and the active learning that takes place.

Over the past year or so I have gone to several science centers and museums, but I know there are still a few that I have not gone to yet. Hopefully (and this might be a long shot by now) I will have a chance to visit some of these before I leave!

1. Penn Museum
     Crazy! It is literally right there (10 min walk or so) and I believe it's free for Penn students! I just never found the time to visit. We did host the PhD and EdD weekend in the Egyptian exhibit and that was the extent of my visit. I hope to visit this museum soon!

2. Museum of Art
     I have to admit that I only ran up the steps (like Rocky) and did not actually go inside the museum. My friends were on a schedule and we did not have enough time to dedicate at least half of a day to the museum. Art museum is lower on my priorities when it comes to museums and science centers but I would still like to go and experience it before I leave.

3. Mutter Museum
     I don't know too much about this museum, but from those who have went, they have given me very good reviews. The focus of the museum is on medical history so it does have lots of skeletons and potentially bone-chilling exhibits.

4. Barnes Foundation
     Similar to the Penn Museum, I had the opportunity to go in there briefly when we hosted the GSE centennial celebration. However I was helping mostly with registration and did not have time to walk around the exhibits. The place is beautiful and I would compare this place to LACMA from back home. I hope to find some time as well to visit this place again!



No comments:

Post a Comment