Monday, April 21, 2014

UPenn Bucket list - Food edition

So I have about three weeks left in the program and I realized...there are so many restaurants and places that I have not yet tried! So I will describe a short list of restaurants near Penn GSE that I have to try before the semester is over. There are only a few weekends left in the semester but thankfully some of these places are super close!

Must try list
1. Doc Magrogan's
     This place is super close (on sansom st.) I heard from my friends that they have a really good happy hour late at night. And I love seafood! Can't believe I haven't tried this place yet (maybe it's the frugal grad student in me)

2. Pod
     Also really close (less than a min walk from where I live) famous for their expensive but delicious sushi. I will have to try it one day just for kicks and experience. maybe for happy hour as well?

3. Pattaya
     There are a few Thai restaurants around UPenn but I have heard great things about this particular one. I love the Pad See Ew back home so it will be a nice way to compare the quality!

4. Reading Terminal Market (because they have so many places to eat there)
     I have been there a few times already but there are just so many places to eat there! I have tried the most popular ones I hope (Dinic's roast beef, Beiler's donuts, Dutch breakfast place, etc). But I still need to try more places there, preferably on a weekday so it is not as busy.

5. Gigi's and Big R food truck
     Another good food truck recommended by someone. The Caribbean food I heard is AMAZING so I am excited to try them! I heard it is a bit on the salty side but jerk chicken and sides sounds good to me!

6. Food trucks on Market street
     This is a bit of a walk for me (like 5-10 mins) but there are a lot of wonderful food trucks there, especially during lunch time. I remember fall semester when I walked around and saw several interesting ones, but never really got around to trying them. Must try them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment